Sunday 30 September 2012

Dream catchers

I adore Roald Dahl's work. I love his quirky language, heart warming phrases and his ability to draw you into a magic world and fall in love with his characters.
His stories give me a great feeling of nostalgia and it gives me great pleasure to share these stories with my children. My daughter in particular is falling in love with the world of Roald Dahl. One of her favourites is The BFG so I decided it would be nice to do a activity related to this.


'I is a dream-blowing giant,' the BFG said. 'When all the other giants is galloping off every what way and which to swollop human beans, I is scuddling away to other places to blow dreams into the bedroom of sleeping children. Nice dreams. Lovely golden dreams. Dreams that is giving the dreamers a happy time 


There is nothing more magical than dreams so this was a lovely topic to focus on. We wanted to capture all these lovely golden dreams and the best way to do this is with a dream catcher! 





'Every dream in the world is making a different sort of buzzy-hum music'


After a quick chat about our favourite dreams I cut little cloud shapes out of white paper and asked the children to write and draw things they thought were happy dreams.


Macey's happy dreams were of going to the circus, dancing with Kermit and were filled with fairies and mermaids. Nathans dreams were of flying in the sky, driving a tractor, visiting far away planets in his rocket and climbing in his submarine to discover the secrets deep down in the ocean.







No comments:

Post a Comment