Thursday 4 April 2013

Practising reading and writing with Flashcards

Making writing fun can be really tricky especially for children who don't want to pick up a pencil. I have found my kids prefer writing on small pieces of paper.


One of the activities my daughter enjoys is making her own flashcards. I give her a pile of small sheets of paper, various pens and pencils, and a pack of flash card for inspiration and to help with words she cannot spell
She will sit for a hour or so drawing pictures, reading words, and writing. She has a great sense of self achievement and is always really proud of her finished pack of Flashcards.









2 comments:

  1. Making fun flashcard is the best way for children who don't want to pick up a pencil. But I think it has some disadvantages to do. So I choose Superflashcard app. My 5-year-old son is interested in using flashcard. I love the way he uses it to repeat many new words follow its sound. He likes Quizlet Games on this app. It makes him remember things faster and faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your comment. I have never used the app but it sounds good. It is nice that your son enjoys using it and is picking up new words. We will have to check it out sometime :)
    My daughter likes to read and write but we try mix it up with activities that are fun to keep it interesting. A lot of the time they are influenced with whatever she is interested in at that particular time.

    We also use the read write inc flashcards and books.

    ReplyDelete